Monday, April 28, 2008

Swooning Swans Swept Away on the Seas

My eyes were the size of the skies.

Green and clean and mirrors of mine so we see,

I slipped through the floor in a gold and white fold.

Silhouettes of sea sounds

flitted forth from your face,

and your smile drew dunes 'cross sunned skin.

The size of my eyes was too wide,

and your gaze fell away from my play.

Still, from my sill, in the sumptuous rain,

the green of my dream swayed and danced until dawn.

The next day on my way from the train,

I cast free from my thought,

the illusion of fusion of minds.

I dared my desires desert me,

cast away such fantastical flights.

A day or two spent, and I willfully went,

but dared not hope perchance we might pass.

When the day's work was done,

to a bed of brown eyes I spoke of vast skies,

revelations and astral designs.

But in those bulbs of dark brown,

not a glimpse to be found,

of that glimmering green of the sand and the sea.

No sooner had passed this desire so dreaded,

than I did dismiss it as folly.

No sooner dismissed,

through the window I glimpsed

your figure, passing in stride.

Shocked as I was, no matter,

because... my willful unwilling had won.

Let me will you away,

so I meet you some day,

when all that remains are the memory stains,

of those eyes, emerald stars,

swallowed up by the sands of my dreams.

No comments: