Monday, February 23, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy sometimes.

There is an inch and a half gap between the top of one of my windows and the top of the sill. That means the window is open all the time... when it's snowing, raining, or windy as fuck like it has been the last week. I could duct tape it, but there is already a useless piece dangling from the top of the sill that the last tenant put up with half-assed determination. Despite the fact that the gap has made my room unnecessarily cold all winter (mostly just when the radiator periodically shuts off to cool down) I figure... hey, winter can't last forever, right? Suggestions of Spring are carried on this chilly winter wind, the sun is more present than he used to be, and my foolish optimism/persistent laziness keeps me from attending to what is at the moment an inconvenience. But I just layer on the sweaters, crawl between my flannel sheets under my down comforter and wait for Spring.

No comments: