Sunday, August 2, 2009

Delhi, Round 2

When I left Dharamsala, I cried. It was too soon. My little sister Choeyang made me a bracelet and necklace. She kept wiping my eyes, telling me not to cry, and hugging me. Then I had car sickness for the entire ride to Pathankot. I sat on the platform at the train station spinning the mantra wheel on my ring, anxiously attempting to calm myself by reciting "Om Mani Padme Hum". I also did a full set (108) of recitations on my mala beads. On the train I felt sick again, because it smelled like fromaldehyde, and the further I got from Dharamsala, the sicker my heart. Of course, my classmates, last night and today, keep telling me I can't complain about not being there anymore because it will only bring everyone down. So tonight I opted out of going to dinner with them so I could have some time to be sad by myself without bumming anyone else out.

No comments: