Friday, June 27, 2008

Chambers

The moon is full tonight and my eyes sparkle with silent tears. I am waiting on a platform with other fools for a train headed the wrong way. This is the moment I am always waiting for. Neon lights flicker overhead. It is humid and dirt gathers with perspiration on my cheeks and forehead. My ears are ringing with graveyard songs. I hide in the open from blind eyes. Sweat gathers in the hollows beneath my eyelids. The odor of old garbage mingles with that of moist bodies and frustration. I am waiting to go home to a place that doesn't exist and never did. I am covered in the dust of so many unburied bones. We are all lost, we are all searching. Our only purpose is to keep moving. I miss the constellations, my guardians. The stars only emerge in my dreams anymore. I think I'm dying.

No comments: