Saturday, October 25, 2008

rewards

So, it might not be news to many of you that smoking weed diminishes one's ability to recall dreams. Indeed, this is not news to me, either. However, this summer after I significantly cut back on smoking (for the first time in four or more years), I began to recognize that I gain much more through dreaming than getting stoned. I also accomplish much more in my waking life. Still, when school started again, I fell back into my old routine of smoking all day every day. This had negative repercussion both for my internal condition and my scholastic obligations. About a week to a week and a half ago, I voluntarily cut back on smoking. Okay, it was partially involuntary, since weed costs money and I can't afford it right now, but some of you can verify that I have started turning down offers to smoke with those who can, in fact, afford it. Anyway, the point is, my dreams are returning in their fullness. They usually come to me right before I wake in the morning, but sometimes they draw me out of my sleep in the dead of night.

2 comments:

Dan Schulman said...

Yes, it is true.
When I see you, you are definitely less high than you used to be.

moi said...

ha. ditto, ditto, ditto. and then some. but the dreams have been either bad, too real, or both. they hurt.

i'm choosing reality for now, but the haze has it's strong points and i only wish i could be more balanced about the whole thing.
(yet i acknowledge that balance bores me to tears.) hmph. aporia.

hmph.