Monday, October 13, 2008

Well...

It has been a while since I've posted anything substantial, no?

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I had what can only be called a psychedelic/enlightening/transformative/world-altering experience. I didn't quite realize how deeply the effects lingered with me until last week when I finally gained enough perspective on the event to understand that I had been completely shattered by it. I was neglecting all my homework, grossly indulging my social inclinations, and shirking all personal responsibility not confined to basic hygeine. I really lost track of myself there for a number of weeks. Finally, last Thursday I suddenly, without prompting, emerged from my haze and recognized how seriously I had been jeopardizing myself in my obligations to school and others.

Today was the first day since that experience I managed to finish my homework for class. I am miserably behind in two of my four courses (a total of seven overdue reading responses and one overdue project proposal... yeah. No good). However, it is too late for could have, should have, would have. I am thankful that despite myself I have recognized the issue in time before it deteriorated further, and is still manageable. I am now in the process of playing catch up and pulling the loose threads back together. However, in no way do I regret the experience or the timing of it. Surely it was inconvenient as regards my academic life, but as regards my spiritual health it could not have been more beneficial. I still profess that I am no longer the same person I felt myself to be going into it. Change is neither simple nor without consequence.

No comments: