Sunday, July 13, 2008

3 more things

#1
I rode the J to Gates Ave tonight. I have a new appreciation for the crowd on the J. Very colorful.

#2
According to the news, there has been a right occurrence of stabbings in the SW'burg area. Watch yourselves. Some of the attackers carry machetes. The Man thinks it might be part of gang initiations.


(#3
I saw a dream walker on the 2 train. He was African, layers and layers of charmed dangling around his neck, playing a drum. Beside him he had a sack full of wood walking sticks, carved with patterns, and one had a skull carved into top of the stick. Just below the skull there was painted a band of red. For one brief moment he looked up from his drums and we exchanged a knowing glance. I can't pinpoint what exactly it was we were both knowing at that moment, but it was perfectly understood.)

1 comment:

Alex said...

I rode the J to Gates Ave tonight. I have a new appreciation for the crowd on the J. Very colorful.

Um, I hope you mean "colorful" not in the "hey, none of these people are white" sense.