Monday, July 14, 2008

Dogs a' Barkin'

MY FEET HURT. I bought new shoes and I am paying for it dearly. I have been on my feet more in the past week than any time in the last 4 years. I haven't had a full time job in so long I forgot what it was like. And I'm considering taking on an unpaid internship for 6 hours a week on my days off. It's a spirituality and lifestyle bookstore across the street from my school and around the corner from my job. At the very least it could help me get a job at a different bookstore, if not that one. I'm only going to keep my job until the end of the summer, but I would not mind doing something part-time once school resumes, preferably somewhere where I would not be chastised for reading at work. I've mentioned in at least one previous post that I have difficulty staying in one place for too long. That sentiment applies both the jobs and domiciles.

There is a drooling cat sitting on my belly, purring like a little generator. She reminds me of Roslyn, my friend Sarah's cat. I was with Sarah when she got Roslyn, and I held the 3 week old kitten in my palms in the car as Sarah drove back to her apartment. Roslyn was my god kitten. I miss lil' Rozzie. But I do have Penelope for the time being. She is watching the screen as I write this. There is a tiny droplet of drool hanging off of her lip.

No comments: