Saturday, June 6, 2009

I loved to despise him.

I've always had a fondness for vampires. Call it weakness. Call it lust. Call it what you will. It has always been.

But admitting it. When the vampire has had his fill? What then. Feelings of inadequacy. Feeling like your blood isn't heavy enough?

Knowing that it's too heavy. That it falls too hard. Drip drip drip. On the floor. Too heavy to drink up. Wasted drops. And you call yourself a vampire?

Games we play. I'm no good with games. I don't like rules. I play by my own. And where do they get me. Full of blood, bursting with blood, too much blood for those

vampires.

Drive them away. That's what my new brother says. He gave me the magic potion, and I anoint myself. What did I expect, putting the potion on my neck. No vampire will any longer draw near.

Such a fool, the girl who goes hunting vampires with a garlic necklace.


She bit herself, and opened a bleeding eye to guide her way.

No comments: