Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Swing on the Spiral

I have been acting out, out of control, swinging on the spiral... letting it carry me further and further out to I don't know where but I embrace the freedom of not thinking simply acting. Spinoza would frown on my passivity, but I'm allowing the entropy to tear down the facade of an ordered life.

I have a new adopted brother. I met him a week ago outside a reggae party. He was carrying an ankh and draped in crystal beads and Ethiopian crosses. He pledged to lend me assistance whenever I need it no matter where I am or what time it is. He calls me "goddess", "magnificence", and allows me to carry his ankh as a mirror. He also gave me a full bottle of frankincense oil. Friday I met him at Brooklyn Museum for First Saturdays. We spent all our time in the Egyptian exhibit, meeting the gods face to face and he agreed to let me wear one of his ankh necklaces until he saw me again and could make one for me. Afterward we drank Guinness out of coffee cups on the lawn and I met a bunch of his other brothers and sisters. They were nearly all wearing ankhs around their necks. I have never met so many true Egyptians. They all have beautiful locks, some of them with beads, feathers, and charms adorning them. Amazing, truly amazing. I will see my brother again tonight and we will dance to reggae again.

Last night I saw David Byrne for free at the Prospect Park Bandshell. It was incredible. Liz and I sat on a black sheet and drank Jim Beam and ginger ale and smoked and danced our way through the triple encore. I also made a new friend when Liz went to pee, an artist named James. We exchanged names and emails, and we are going to the Met on Thursday to see the new Francis Bacon exhibit.

I've been meeting so many beautiful, amazing people this summer. It makes me kind of sad that I will be leaving them for five and a half weeks. But there is little I wouldn't give up to go on this trip to India.

I still haven't stopped listening to Tool pretty much constantly. It's all I want to hear. Especially "Lateralus". Just watch this video if you're curious why.

No comments: